Behavior Health Technicians (BHT)
Coastal Autism Academy provides highest quality of services to our residents by implementing person centered care, educating them on activities of daily living and preparing them to become productive, responsible members of the community to the best of their ability.
We are currently seeking Behavior Health Technicians (BHT) in Myrtle Beach, SC. We have openings on 3 shifts: 7am-3pm; 3pm-11pm; 11pm-7am.
We are proud to offer:
- Pay range: $13.50 – $16 / hour
- Pay rate is based on experience level
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Excellent training
- Professional development opportunities
- Great team-oriented work environment
- Growth opportunities
In this position as Behavior Health Technician (BHT), you will be responsible for assessing client needs and monitoring behavior. Under the supervision of the Residential Supervisor, the Behavioral Health Technician is responsible for documenting activities of daily living, caring for clients, helping to coordinate treatment, and executing daily programing. Behavioral Health Technicians also may assist counselors with crisis management, groups and education, as needed.
- Using your patience, resilience, and passion for helping children, you will teach and coach the social, behavioral, and daily living skills they need to succeed.
- Support your Supervisor to implement a personalized plan for your client focused on maximizing their full potential.
- Respond effectively – with compassion and expertise – to different situations common among our clients.
- Recognize and respond to major improvements in behaviors and help create sustainable and repeatable patterns out of those behaviors.
- Track client progress and growth by keeping electronic health data on your company-provided iPad.
- Communicate and engage with the client’s family in a kind, supportive and helpful manner as you share progress updates.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum 1+ years of experience working with children and/or adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Patience, empathy, and a passion for helping others.
- The ability to quickly assess situations, improvise and creatively engage with children
- Ability to change diapers and bath residents
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to pass all background checks: SC Law Enforcement, Dept. of Social Services Abuse and Neglect, National Sex Offender Register, and the Department of Motor Vehicles and First Aid/CPR training and CPI training
We firmly believe that our company is only as good as the people we employ. Join a company that values its employees and rewards them for a job well done!
For immediate consideration of this Behavior Health Technician opportunity, please apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.50 – $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Rotating weekends
Work Location: In person
Work With Us
The staff at Coastal Autism Academy are committed and dedicated to providing children with the compassion and care they deserve. Click below to view available job opportunities.
Interested in enrolling your child at Coastal Autism Academy? Click below to contact our Admissions Director and learn more about the best program for your child.